Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chile Peanuts

My husband surprised me last year with a subscription to Gourmet magazine. I really like Gourmet's mix of travel and food writing and, of course, the beautiful food photography. As for the recipes, I have generally been successful with the ones that I have tried. I have to admit that I am usually only intrigued by an average of 2 or 3 recipes per issue (just due to personal taste) and try even less, maybe 1 per issue. Part of the reason is that I bombard myself with recipes from food blogs, which I often find to be even more reliable than food magazines, and it is not humanly possibe to make everything I want to try! This recipe is the first recipe from Gourmet that I tried and it is definitely a success. It is not too spicy and is just the right mix of tangy and hot. As usual, I halved the recipe. The peanuts keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks and can be reheated in a 250°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Chile Peanuts

Ingredients

1 1/4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 cups unsalted dry-roasted peanuts

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 250°F with rack in middle.

2. Whisk together lime juice, oil, paprika, sea salt, and cayenne. Stir in peanuts to coat evenly.

3. Spread peanuts in a large shallow baking pan and bake until coating is dry and fragrant, about 30 minutes. Cool completely before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment